DFDL China Desk has particularly been involved across the Mekong region and beyond in major projects for its Chinese clients in the energy, infrastructure, transportation, telecom and agriculture sectors.
Examples of significant current or past engagements include advising:
- China Development Bank in the Financing of the construction and development of a hydropower plant in Pursat province, Cambodia (Capacity: 338 MW / Developer: China Huadian / Value: USD 412 million).
- Bank of China in the financing of the purchase by Cambodian telecom operator of Huawei telecommunication equipment and refinancing of the outstanding amounts under existing debt owed by the same Cambodian telecom (USD 591 million).
- CSGI in relation to the development of an hydropower project in Laos (NAM THA 1 Power project, Description: Capacity: 168 MW, Value: USD 150 million).
- China Development Bank in the financing of the purchase by EVN Telecom of equipments and construction services for phase two 3G project in Vietnam (Value: USD 60 million).
- China Exim Bank in relation to a USD 200-250 M Kamchay hydropower project (200-250 MW) to be developed in Kampot province in Cambodia.
- China Nonferrous Metal Group (CNMC) in Myanmar for a majority stake in a joint venture agreement (Ferro-nickel Mine Production Sharing Contract, value of USD 800 million).
- MMG, Lane Xang Minerals in relation to the development of a major mining project, advising on all issues related to mine operations.
- Sichuan Kaiyuan Co. Ltd related to acting as Lao counsel in relation to capital raising for shareholders of a Lao mining company (USD 25 million).