DFDL has advised leading Indian corporations, multinationals, multi laterals and non-government organizations on significant transactions in the Mekong region, the rest of Southeast Asia and beyond. Key deals include advising:
- Tata Steel’s Mining Division (a Tata Group Company) on various aspects of a mineral mining concession and its proposed mining operations in the Lao PDR and Vietnam.
- Nava Bharat Ventures Limited, India on all matters in relation to setting up of its hydro power project in the Lao PDR.
- Export-Import Bank of India to provide a USD 2 million loan for a Vietnamese coffee manufacturer in Vietnam.
- Spice Mobile on matters related to offering VAS and content services and setting up a distributor arrangement in Cambodia.
- Birla Lao Pulp and Plantation Company Limited – an Aditya Birla Group Co. on its pulp plantation project expansion in the Lao PDR including advising on operational legal matters, tax advisory and intellectual property issues.
- Khamin Development Co. Limited, a mid-size Indian hospitality corporation in its bid for a Thai development company in the hospitality industry in Thailand.
- Apollo Tyres Limited in its pulp plantation project expansion in the Lao PDR including advising on operational legal matter and tax advisory.
- Aman Resorts (DLF Limited) in relation to a hotel development project in Luang Prabang, procurement of business and operating licenses and further assistance with loan transactions in relation to the project in the Lao PDR.
- Wolkem India on the acquisition of a majority interest in a white limestone and tin ore mining exploration and exploitation project.
- Tata International (a Tata Group Company) in expanding its foot prints in the Lao PDR and Cambodia.
Download DFDL’s India Desk deal list here.