Highly Recommended – Myanmar
Recommended – Thailand & Vietnam
CHAMBERS ASIA PACIFIC 2022
Band 3 – Thailand
LEGAL 500 2022
Tier 3 – Thailand & Vietnam
Our real estate development and construction team represents developers, financiers, contractors, and other project parties on commercial, industrial, residential, and mixed-use projects.
We regularly advise on land and building acquisitions and sales, construction contracts, joint venture agreements, leases, EPC contracts, offshore and onshore guarantee, and wrap around arrangements, turn-key projects. We have senior expertise and experience in residential, commercial, and large-scale infrastructure projects on BOT, BOO, BOOT, and other internationally recognized bases and structures.
- Land and building acquisitions and sales
- Construction contracts
- Joint venture agreements
- EPC contracts
- Offshore and onshore guarantees
- Wrap around arrangements
- Turn-key projects
- Review and negotiation of hotel management agreements
- Corporate structuring for real estate investments
- FIDIC contracts
- Residential, commercial large-scale infrastructure projects on BOT, BOO, BOOT and other recognized bases and structures
- Royal Group of Companies on multi-million dollar acquisition of entity which owns the Hotel Cambodiana; including assistance with the negotiation, drafting and completion of the transaction.
- LeoPalace 21, in relation to legal due diligence, drafting and negotiation of transaction agreements on a hotel and commercial complex in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- A Lao PDR-based Hotel, with respect to an offshore share transfer with two hotel assets in Luang Prabang; including due diligence, transaction documentation and closing assistance.
- A Hong Kong and Japanese Investment Group, on the development of a 70 unit leasehold development to be constructed in Koh Samui, Thailand.
- Chip Mong Group Co, on its acquisition of Grand Phnom Penh International City Co, the developer of the Grand Phnom Penh International City project. In Cambodia.
- SCCP Capital, on legal assistance with four of its real estate projects in Yangon including office space, a river-based floating hotel and condominium developments in Myanmar.
- Marubeni and Pertamina 1200 – 1400MW gas IPP, in relation to its acquisition of land in Bangladesh for the development of 1200 – 1400MW independent power plant on build, own and operate basis.
- PSJ – Czech Republic company, in the bidding for the construction of High Way No 5A in the north of Vietnam.
- IFC, on its provision of two separate loans totalling USD 80 million for the purposes of (i) hotel refurbishment; and (ii) the construction and fit-out of serviced apartment development in Myanmar.
- Japan Tobacco International Limited, on legal advice in relation to land due diligence for the acquisition of 13 tobacco leaf depots and lease of 4 tobacco manufacturing depots in Bangladesh.
- Toutes à l’Ecole in relation to the registration of its foreign NGO in Cambodia at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.