Examples of recent engagements include advising:
- The World Bank on the contractual relief available to PLN, the Indonesian state electric company, under multiple power purchase agreements which PLN had executed with independent power producers due to the economic crisis in Indonesia.
- Government-related Indonesian entities on various aspects of their proposed IPP project documents regarding power supply to a gold mine in Indonesia.
- An Indian joint venture company on its acquisition of a coal mine and related interests in Indonesia.
- Fortis Bank on a secured warehousing financing of Sulawesi Cocoa beans in Indonesia.
- Standard Chartered Bank on a USD 40 million structured commodity financing into Indonesia.
- Standard Chartered Bank on off-balance sheet structures for commodity financing facilities for grain in Indonesia.
- The World Bank on the content and the consistency of a power purchase agreement for a geothermal power complex being developed in Indonesia with international limited recourse debt financing standards.
- MediaOne, now part of AT&T Wireless, on its telecommunications investments in India, Malaysia and Indonesia,including advising on all aspects of their joint venture, shareholder, corporate and commercial agreements and related financing agreements.
Mataram’s Partners clients include:
- ABN AMRO, Adidas, AT&T Wireless, Bank of America, Banyan Tree, Barclays, BG Group, Bic, Boeing, CEMEX, Citigroup, CNOOC, COSL, Conoco Phillips, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, DHL, El Paso Corporation, Fortis Bank, GE, HSBC, IMR, Itochu Corporation, JBIC, Jumeirah Limitless, LNG Japan, LUKOIL, Marriott, Marubeni Corporation, Media One, Microsoft, Mizuho Corporate Bank, MoneyGram International, Nikko Cordial, Noble Group, ONGC Videsh, Pacific Oil & Gas, Petronas, RZB Bank, Samsung Corporation, Scholastic, Shimizu Corporation, Sime Darby, Singapore Technologies, Standard Chartered, Sumitomo Corporation, Sun Microsystems, Symantec, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Tomen Corporation, Total, Trafigura, Turner Broadcasting Systems, UPS, US Exim, Welltec, ZTE.