DFDL Cambodia Hosts Workshop on New Consumer Protection and E-Commerce Laws
On 16 December 2019, DFDL Cambodia organized a workshop on the New Consumer Protection and E-Commerce Laws at Raffles Hotel Le Royal in Phnom Penh.
The event opened with a presentation of the new Consumer Protection Law by Vansok Khem (DFDL Cambodia Partner). She started by giving a general overview of this new law. Vansok went on to explain about consumer rights and prohibited activities. Her presentation concluded with advice on dispute resolution and included case study analysis.
This was followed by a presentation on the new E-Commerce Law by Nearirath Sreng (DFDL Cambodia Senior Consultant, Banking & Finance Practice Group). She gave an overview of E-Commerce activities throughout the ASEAN region. Nearirath then explained the regulatory framework in Cambodia, as well as the E-commerce framework. Following this, she presented the key obligations under the new e-commerce law and how they will affect online commerce in Cambodia. These included licensing requirements, consumer protection measures, privacy protection and intellectual property protections.
The event concluded with a lively and engaging panel discussion and interactive Q&A session moderated by Chris Robinson (DFDL Cambodia Partner).
DFDL was pleased to receive positive comments from the 126 guests in attendance who learned a great deal about these two new laws. They had the chance to hear about the key changes and new developments heralded by the new legislation, how it stands to affect businesses operating in Cambodia and important compliance requirements that enterprises have to take into consideration when conducting their commercial activities and dealing with customers.
DFDL cordially invites you to this upcoming seminar to discuss the “New Consumer Protection and E-Commerce Laws” on 16 December 2019 at Raffles Hotel Le Royal in Phnom Penh. At this event, our expert speakers will discuss the key changes and new developments heralded by the new legislation, how it stands to affect businesses operating in Cambodia and important compliance requirements that enterprises will have to take into consideration when conducting their commercial activities and dealing with customers.
Key topics that will be addressed include:
- Scope and application of the laws
- Consumer Protection Law and false or misleading advertising and pricing
- Consumer complaint mechanisms
- E-Commerce Law and cross-border online activities
- Key obligations: licensing requirements, consumer protection measures, privacy protection, intellectual property protections
- Prohibited acts
- Businesses most impacted by the laws – payment service providers, Fintech enterprises, online sellers, platform operators, vendors on the platform
We hope you will join us for this informative session.
Date: Monday 16 December 2019
Time: 8:00 – 10:30am
Venue: Raffles Hotel Le Royal
- 8:00am – 9:00am: Registration and Networking
- 9:00am – 9:20am: Consumer Protection Law by Vansok Khem, Country Partner, DFDL
- 9:20am – 9:50am: E-Commerce Law by Vansok Khem, Country Partner, DFDL and Nearirath Sreng, Senior Consultant, Banking & Finance Practice, DFDL
- 9:50am – 10:30am: Panel discussion and Q&A
Speakers and Moderator:
Country Partner & Co-Deputy Head of Corporate and Commercial Practice Group, DFDL
Cambodia Banking & Finance Practice Group, DFDL