DFDL & CBRE Hosts a Breakfast Talk on the Retail Industry in Cambodia
On 1 March 2019, DFDL and CBRE hosted a Breakfast Talk on the future trends and direction of retail in Cambodia.
Vincent Morand, DFDL Senior Consultant, welcomed participants and opened the event by introducing our four speakers: Richard Leech (Executive Director, CBRE Cambodia), Marine Ros (Architectural Design Director, Archetype), Guillaume Massin (Partner & Managing Director, DFDL Cambodia) and Lengchansocheat Chhat (Managing Director, Kantar TNS Cambodia).
Richard Leech provided the audience with an overview of the retail market, explaining the opportunities, challenges and pitfalls to be navigated by developers, landlords, and retailers operating in Cambodia. This was followed by Lengchansocheat Chhat who discussed the particularities and characteristics of Cambodian consumer behavior along with the digital trends influencing developers, landlords, and retailers in staying relevant, pro-active, and up‐to‐date.
Guillaume Massin then went on to offer a legal and tax overview for retail businesses with a focus on land and licensing issues of relevance to both tenants and developers.
Marine Ros bookended the series of presentations with a discussion on new trends in commercial centers, and the future forms these are likely to take in Cambodia.
The session was well received by the over 90 participants in attendance and concluded with an engaging Q&A session and panel discussion moderated by Vincent where those present had enlightening and informative exchanges with our experts.
Where is retail heading?
DFDL & CBRE Cambodia are pleased to invite you to their Retail Breakfast Talk.
There has been no slow down in Phnom Penh retail supply since last year. With many upcoming retail projects announcements, it is important to understand what are the key success factors that help
each project to stand out from the others.
At this Retail Breakfast Talk, you will hear about retail market overview, where the market is heading toward, and what developers and tenants need to understand in terms of legal and design aspect.
Our senior panel speakers from CBRE Cambodia, DFDL, Archetype, and Kantar TNS Cambodia will explore the following:
- Richard Leech, Executive Director: Retail market update, opportunity, challenges and sound advices for developers, landlord and retailers.
- Marine Ros, Architectural Design Director, Archetype: New trend in commercial center, and what is ideal for Cambodia.
- Guillaume Massin, Partner & Managing Director, DFDL Cambodia: Legal, tax and business advice on land and licensing issues, to both tenants and developers.
- Lengchansocheat Chhat, Managing Director, Kantar TNS Cambodia: Cambodian consumer behavior and digital trends that helps answer how developers, landlord and retailers stay relevant and up‐to‐date.
This is a must-attend event for anyone who currently has an investment or is contemplating in investing in retail projects in Cambodia. As places are limited, be sure to register as soon as possible.
- 07:30 – 08:00am: Registration & Breakfast Networking
- 08:00 – 08:30am: CBRE Cambodia Retail Market Update
- 08:30 – 09:00am: Archetype Commercial Center Trend
- 09:00 – 09:30am: DFDL Cambodia Legal & Tax Overview
- 09:30 – 09:45 am: Coffee Break & Networking
- 09:45 – 10:00 am: TNS Cambodia Consumer Behavior and Digital Trends
- 10:00 – 10:30am: Q&A – Panel Discussion
Date: Friday, 01 March 2019
Time: 7:30am – 10:30am
Venue: Raffles Hotel Le Royal
To register, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
*For any cancellation, please inform us by way of e-mail before 2pm on 28 February 2019.