The words ‘electronic’, ‘virtual’, and ‘digital’ have become an integral part of the language of today’s financial transactions. The era of financial technology revolution has arrived, with thousands of FinTech companies penetrating all spheres of financial services and even disrupting money itself. Businesses will need to adapt at a faster pace or run the risk of being left behind.
The speakers at this seminar will discuss the key issues affecting businesses across all sectors, their ability to transact in digital money, and Thailand’s changing regulatory landscape.
In particular, we will discuss the following questions:
- Who requires an e-Payment License?
- What activities are exempted from an e-Wallet License?
- What are the laws and regulations governing payment systems in Thailand?
- Is cryptocurrency different from digital tokens under Thai law?
- How do you conduct an ICO in Thailand?
- Who can invest in an ICO in Thailand?
- Who are Digital Asset Dealers and Digital Asset Brokers?
- How is a Digital Asset Exchange similar to a Stock Exchange?
We hope you will join us for this informative session. Places are limited, be sure to register now.
- 8.00 am – 8.30 am: Registration
- 8.30 am – 10.30 am: Seminar
- 10.30 am – 11.00 am: Q&A Session
Date: 23 August 2018, Thursday
Time: 8.00 am – 11.00 am
Venue: Sathorn Room, Dusit Thani Bangkok, 946 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500
Fees: 750 Baht/person and 1500 Baht/person for private legal practitioners and law firm attendees
* No walk-ins are accepted for this event.
** Last date for registration is on 20 August 2018.
Pre-payment through bank transfer by 20 August 2018.
*Registration will be finalized upon confirmation of payment receipt.
**For any cancellations, please inform us by way of e-mail before 6pm on 20 August 2018 to receive a full refund. Failure to do so will be treated as a no-show and the full amount will be charged.
For more information and registration, please contact Shalini Kalra (Shalini.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Regional Legal Adviser