DFDL Lao PDR Hosts New Tax Laws Workshop
On 19 February 2020, DFDL Lao PDR organized a morning seminar entitled ‘New Tax Laws Workshop 2020’ at the Crowne Plaza in Vientiane.
Two of our tax experts Jack Sheehan, DFDL Partner & Head of the Regional Tax Practice, and Senesakoune Sihanouvong, DFDL Tax & Legal Partner, welcomed more than 150 attendees to discuss the recently effective new tax laws that will impact companies and businesses operating in the Lao PDR. The three new law are: the Income Tax, Tax Administration and Excise Tax Laws.
Jack and Senesakoune provided the attendees with an overview of the salient features of the new laws and walked them through practical case studies.
The event concluded with a lively and interactive Q&A session with the attendees.
The participants gained valuable knowledge and insights on the latest tax trends and developments happening in the Lao PDR for 2020 onwards.
DFDL is pleased to invite you to its upcoming “New Tax Laws Workshop” on 19 February 2020, at the Crowne Plaza in Vientiane.
The National Assembly has recently passed three new tax laws that will impact businesses in the Lao PDR.
In light of these changes, DFDL will be hosting a “New Tax Laws Workshop 2020” covering all you need to know about maintaining compliance with the Tax Laws in the Lao PDR.
There are a number of significant tax changes that companies will need to be familiar with to maintain compliance in accordance with Lao PDR laws.
This workshop will include sessions on the new Tax Laws and a session on VAT.
- The key changes under the new Law on Income Tax, Law and Tax Administration and Excise Tax Laws?
- How do the recent changes affect businesses in the Lao PDR?
- What are the changes to the profit tax and income tax for companies and employees?
- How do the new rules work for the deductibility of expenses?
- An overview of the current VAT rules in the Lao PDR
- What are the rules for claiming VAT deductions and refunds?
- How do the VAT and tax rules apply to payments to residents and non-residents?
- What are the compliance requirements under the VAT, Tax and Accounting laws for filing and maintaining documents?
- Tax planning case studies for companies and businesses in the Lao PDR
Put the date in your calendar and register now to join this informative workshop!
Date: Wednesday 19 February 2020
Time: Registration from 8:30am, discussion from 9:00am – 11:30am
Venue: Crowne Plaza, Vientiane
Ticket price: LAK350,000
For any cancellation refunds, please inform us by email (email@example.com) at least one week before the event day.
Partner and Head of Regional Tax Practice, DFDL
To register, please contact Sophie Steller: firstname.lastname@example.org.