Cambodia is close to finalizing its long-waited new investment law which is intended to bring a competitive edge to Cambodia’s post-COVID economy by encouraging diversification, modernization, transparency, and non-discriminatory policies as the pillars on which it hopes to attract FDI to its shores.
DFDL cordially invites you to our exclusive webinar that looks at the anticipated new investment incentives that will be contained in Cambodia’s new investment law. We will examine how investors can best structure their investment projects to unlock the incentives and take advantage of the tax optimization opportunities afforded by the new tax regulatory landscape in Cambodia.
This webinar will also go through the key tax considerations investors should be looking at when determining which jurisdiction to invest into Cambodia from along with highlighting what domestic tax pitfalls investors may need to circumnavigate given recent tax reforms in Cambodia and how to avoid a large tax assessment when exiting their investment.
- 9:00 – 9:10 am: Welcoming Remarks – Overview of the Cambodian Economy by Stephen Higgins (Managing Director, Mekong Strategic Partners)
- 9:10 – 9:30 am: Anticipated Investment Law Incentives – How to Unlock Them by Clint O’Connell (Partner, DFDL Cambodia)
- 9:30 – 10:00 am: Holding the Cambodia Investment – What Jurisdiction is Best; The Role of Double Tax Agreements & Transfer Pricing on Profit Repatriation by Jack Sheehan (Partner & Head of Regional Tax Practice, DFDL) and Borapyn Py (Partner, DFDL Cambodia)
- 10:00 – 10:20 am: Exiting Your Investment – The Impact of Capital Gains Tax & Withholding Taxes by Jack Sheehan and Clint O’Connell
- 10:20 – 10:30 am: Closing Remarks by Stephen Higgins