Join our tax experts on Thursday 12 May 2022 at 9 am (ICT) for our upcoming tax workshop (online) covering the implementation issues concerning VAT on E-Commerce in Cambodia.
Clint O’Connell (Partner, Cambodia Deputy Managing Director and Head of Cambodia Tax Practice) joined by Vajiravann Chamnan (Tax Director) will discuss the practical implementation issues for self-assessment taxpayers arising from the VAT E-Commerce regulations which took effect from 1 April 2022.
In 2021 we saw a number of regulations passed in Cambodia with respect to VAT and E-Commerce transactions involving non-resident e-commerce providers. These regulations impact not only non-resident e-commerce providers but also those self-assessment taxpayers in Cambodia who transact with them. The VAT e-commerce regime came into effect from 1 April 2022, which means that for a number of self-assessment taxpayers in Cambodia their compliance obligations will start from the 25th of May 2022 (which is the e-filing due date for declarations and payments for transactions that occurred in April).
In this interactive workshop, we will go through the main points of the VAT e-commerce regulations that will impact self-assessment taxpayers in Cambodia. In addition, there will be plenty of time allocated to ask your questions directly to the presenters in the Q&A session.
Topics to be covered during the workshop include:
- What is an e-commerce product, service or activity?
- What is the VAT reverse charge and how does it work?
- How do I declare and pay VAT under the reverse charge mechanism
- What is the difference between a B2B and B2C transaction?
- If I pay VAT is WHT still applicable?
- What are the penalties for non-compliance?
- Exemptions (small taxpayers and non-taxable supplies)
- E-Commerce VAT Overview by Clint O’Connell (30 minutes)
- Compliance Requirements, Penalties and Exemptions by Vajiravann Chamnan (20 minutes)
- Q&A Session moderated by Faosiyas Loh (45 minutes)
If you are a self-assessment taxpayer in Cambodia and are interested in knowing about your obligations under the e-commerce regulations, be sure to join us and REGISTER NOW!
This event is free of charge.