We are pleased to announce that Jérôme Buzenet, Partner and Managing Director DFDL Legal and Tax Vietnam, moderated the legal panel discussions at Viet Capital’s Vietnam Access Day 2012 – likely to be the largest investor conference Vietnam has seen since 2007. The conference is being held on Oct 23 and 24 at the InterContinental Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
With over 220 participants, more than 160 guests from investment funds are in attendance, 30% of whom from overseas. Topics ranging from the Vietnamese economy to social trends are being covered by 34 guest speakers for the IMF, ADB, Vietnam’s SSC, the State bank of Vietnam, the Vietnam stock exchanges and bankers and asset managers. There are 8 panels and 4 formal presentations, and over 40 companies meeting investors in break-out meetings, privately or in groups, or at the Gala Dinner tonight.
Jérôme moderated a panel of partners from international law firms Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Frasers, Mayer Brown JSM and Baker & McKenzie. The topics covered included:
- What are the key legal issues that make it difficult for foreign and domestic investors to grow in Vietnam?
- How quickly is the WTO implemented? Are there key aspects where you see issues today or in the near future?
- What does Vietnam do well? How does it compare to the region?
- How detrimental are current laws to foreign investments in the retail sector?
- What promising key legal developments are expected in the near future?