When: 12 October 2016
Where: Dusit Thani Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
DFDL, in collaboration with Nabarro LLP, held seminar on “A Changing World: International arbitration for commercial disputes in an integrated ASEAN” on Wednesday, 12 October 2016 at the Dusit Thani Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand, with the participation of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC).
International commercial arbitration has risen in popularity with parties in Asia as a means of dispute resolution for resolving transnational commercial disputes. As the ASEAN markets continue on the path of integration, transnational economic activity is expected to grow, raising the need for fair and effective means of dispute resolution to match the increase in this transnational commercial activity.
Participants in this seminar heard from experts in international dispute resolution on effective dispute resolution for transnational investments and contracts within the ASEAN region. They discussed the following:
- Introduction – Mr. Angus Mitchell, Managing Director, DFDL Thailand
- Commercial Arbitration Laws and Procedures (Thailand versus Singapore) – Mr. Paul Volodarsky, Managing Director, DFDL Phuket and Samui
- International Commercial Arbitration – An Introduction – Mr. Steven Lim, Managing Partner, Nabarro LLP Singapore
- Effective Resolution of Cross-border Disputes in ASEAN – Mr. Kevin Nash, Deputy Registrar and Centre Director, SIAC
- Interactive panel discussion
Time: 8:30am – 12:00pm
Venue: Dusit Thani Hotel, 946 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500
Managing Director, DFDL Phuket and Samui
Nabarro LLP Singapore
Deputy Registrar and Centre Director, SIAC
If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Regional Business Development Executive