Recording Date: 11 May 2021
Top 6 questions within 20 minutes to keep up to date with the latest COVID-19 vaccination campaign in the Philippines and key considerations for employers and employees.
With COVID-19 vaccination drives at the early rollout stage across Southeast Asia, we take this opportunity to look more closely at some of the main questions, concerns and legal issues on the minds of employers and employees during these uncertain times in this podcast series.
Today, in the fifth in our series, our employment and labor experts, Cristina Suralvo (Partner, Ocampo & Suralvo Law), Karen Ocampo (Partner, Ocampo & Suralvo Law) and Marion Carles Salmon (Head of Regional Employment and Labor Practice), outline the rights and obligations of employers and employees when it comes to COVID-19 vaccination in the Philippines. Our experts discuss the country vaccination program and any relevant rules and compliance issues to take note of.
Top 6 Questions Discussed
- Can an employer require its employees to be vaccinated?
- For workplaces with trade unions or other forms of collective representation, is an employer obliged to consult with them prior to implementing employee vaccinations?
- Is information concerning an employee’s vaccination considered “health information” or “sensitive data” under a data protection law (where applicable)?
- If so, is such personal data subject to any restrictions on the collection and processing of “sensitive personal data”?
- Can employers terminate employees who refuse to be vaccinated?
- Can an employer require employees who cannot or will not agree to vaccination to refrain from coming to the workplace?
For Those Who Wish to Dive Deeper
Key Considerations & Issues on COVID-19 Vaccine Rollouts Across Southeast Asia – Top 10 Q&A
Don’t miss out on this timely, topical, easy-to-read and informative FAQ on COVID-19 vaccination issues from an employment and labor perspective so that you can form a clear view on what your rights are in your country: https://www.dfdl.com/resources/covid-19-hub/key-considerations-issues-on-covid-19-vaccine-rollouts-across-southeast-asia-top-10-qa/