Tax and Transfer Pricing
At DFDL, we have a team of highly qualified and experienced tax advisers who can help you with your tax and transfer pricing needs in Southeast and South Asia. We offer a wide range of services, from strategic tax planning to operational tax issues, such as tax and transfer pricing advisory, international tax, M&A, tax and transfer pricing compliance, and customs advisory.
Our Tax Team is recognized for our breadth of expertise, creativity and reputation for providing practical solutions, distinguishing DFDL as the preeminent multi-jurisdictional tax law firm in Southeast and South Asia.
DFDL is recognized as a leading tax firm with multiple awards and consistent top tier rankings across our jurisdictions.
We provide tax services across all industries and sectors. To better serve our clients’ business needs, we have organized our expertise by service lines with experts in each jurisdiction of our firm.
"DFDL advises on domestic and cross-border matters, including tax-related issues pertaining to M&A transactions, as well as income tax, capital gains tax and transfer pricing mandates. With demonstrable experience across the hospitality, technology and manufacturing sectors, the practice frequently advises international investors on tax structuring and restructuring, as well as planning and management." Legal 500 Asia Pacific
How we can help:
- Tax advisory;
- Tax planning for mergers and acquisitions;
- Advice on holding and financing structures;
- Transfer pricing advisory and compliance;
- Tax efficient cash repatriation strategies;
- Indirect taxes and customs advisory;
- Employee stock options and remuneration packages;
- Tax compliance;
- Tax audits and disputes; and
- Tax policy and public sector consultancy.
- One of the largest beverage manufacturing operating entities in Cambodia in relation to a trade discount and tax controversy.
- A biotechnology company in relation to digital asset taxation and application of evolving tax law and regulations in Thailand and other jurisdictions.
- A multinational aerospace corporation in relation to the international tax structuring advice for its proposed activities in Vietnam including options for intermediary Special Purpose Vehicle (“SPV”) in Singapore, and the tax risks of such a structure, and extensive analysis and interpretation tax treaties, MLI/BEPS and transfer pricing risks.
- A global dietary supplements company on its potential tax and transfer pricing risks – and seeking to prepare a pre-emptive audit defence file that provides defence responses in the event of tax and transfer pricing audits in Indonesia and Vietnam.
- A Norwegian multinational telecommunications company on the tax implications on the proposed sale of shares taking into account the capital gains tax, exemptions available on the proposed sale, assessment of any tax relief under the existing Double Tax Agreement between Myanmar and Singapore, and stamp duty that may apply on the proposed sale of shares.
- Tax ThailandHighly Recommended
- Tax VietnamHighly Recommended
2023 chambers and partners asia pacific
- Tax ThailandBand 3
- Tax VietnamSpotlight Table
2023 legal 500 asia pacific
- Tax ThailandTier 1
- Tax VietnamTier 1
2023 world tax world transfer pricing
- Tax Cambodia & MyanmarActive
- Transfer Pricing CambodiaActive
- Customs VietnamTier 2
- General Corporate Tax Thailand & VietnamTier 2
- Transfer Pricing VietnamTier 3