DFDL’s Employment practice believes that clear, legally compliant human resources documentation creates a solid foundation for good working relationships between employers and employees. Our Employment team is dedicated to preparing that solid basis and advising clients on all employment and labor issues that may arise.
DFDL clients benefit from our extensive experience in preparing employment agreements, internal regulations, and consultancy and contractor agreements. Our procedures comply with local laws and practices and meet clients’ operational needs. We can provide advice on a wide range of employment and labor matters, including employment entitlements, working hours, overtime, restrictions on foreign workers, employee transfers, secondments, terminations, severance, retirement, and dispute resolution.
Our varied client base includes global companies with subsidiaries throughout Southeast Asia, as well as embassies, international non-governmental) organizations, and international organizations operating in the region.
How we can help:
- Employment and labour law advice;
- Compliance with local law procedures, obligations, and entitlements;
- Employment redundancies – employer options and risk assessments;
- Separation agreements;
- Employment contracts: preparation/compliance review;
- Internal regulations & union relations;
- Tax advice & tax compliance services related to employment;
- Management packages & incentive plans; and
- Labour restructuring.
- A group of domestic and foreign employers and trade union representatives Myanmar on collective bargaining and implementation of a non-judicial dispute resolution mechanism that would serve to mediate and settle disputes between workers, employers and trade unions.
- Vietnam law advice on the process and formalities for handling alleged business misconducts committed by several employees of a multi-national computer technology corporation, including conducting of internal investigations.
- A large redundancy involving over 300 employees in Cambodia, including voluntary departures and assisting the client during the whole voluntary departure and redundancy procedures (including drafting of relevant documents and liaising with the labor authority).
- A Middle-East aircraft company on restructuring options and redundancies of around 70 employees across Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand including advice on the procedures to implement a collective redundancy and our recommendations and strategic advice to mitigate the risk of claims in relation to the termination of employment.
- A global hotel chain in dealing with a labour collective dispute and advice on employment laws and termination.
Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /production/www.dfdl.com/wp-includes/kses.php on line 1744