Aviation and Logistics
The aviation and logistics sectors are constantly evolving and expanding, creating new opportunities and challenges for businesses. At DFDL, we have the expertise and experience to help you succeed in these sectors in Southeast and South Asia.
We are the preferred local counsel for international clients who want to enter or grow in the aviation and logistics markets in our region. We have strong relationships with local civil aviation authorities and a deep understanding of the relevant laws, regulations and policies. We offer specialized legal services for the aviation industry, covering areas such as aircraft and engine leasing, financing, regulatory compliance and dispute resolution. We work with leading global law firms, financiers, banks and lessors in the aviation sector.
We also advise on global supply chain logistics and innovative solutions for warehousing sharing and data centers. We can help you navigate the legal and regulatory aspects of developing greenfield logistics projects and data centers in the region. We have experience in handling complex transactions and contracts in the logistics sector.
How we can help:
- Mergers, acquisitions, restructuring, joint ventures of airlines;
- Aircraft and engine financing and leasing;
- Regulatory and compliance matters for airlines, airports, financial institutions, international law firms and lessors;
- Registration requirements, including specific practices and policies for non-Cape Town Convention jurisdictions; and
- Perfection of locally governed security interests and enforcing owner’s rights and repossessions.
- AirAsia Aviation Group Limited (AAAGL) on its entry into a joint venture in Cambodia with local partner, Sivilai Asia.
- A leading low-cost airline in respect of a USD 300 million aircraft leasing transaction involving 14 aircrafts in Thailand.
- A leading low-cost airline in Southeast Asia, on its aim at a subscription of 30% of total shares of Hai Au Aviation JSC to expand their airlines network in ASEAN and beyond.
- TrueNoord Aviation, the lessor on the transaction and assisted with the drafting and negotiation of the lease agreement, and other transaction documents such as the financing and security agreements.
- Aviation Capital Group, one of the world’s premier full-service aircraft asset managers, on one of the largest leasing and financing aviation projects in Myanmar.
- SF Holding (Shun Fen Express), China’s largest listed courier firm, in connection with its acquisition of 25 percent of Kospa, a Myanmar-based logistics firm, to help fund the expansion of its fleet and warehouse capacity.
- As lenders’ counsel in relation to a USD 160 million senior secured acquisition finance facility to partly finance the acquisition of the vessel logistics company in Thailand.
- Ecom Express, an Indian logistics giant, on the partial acquisition and investment in a Bangladeshi startup logistics service providing company, namely Paperfly Private Limited.