Compliance and Investigations
Legal compliance in Southeast and South Asia requires a broad understanding of the many risks and challenges that may confront your business.
This is where DFDL comes in: our extensive experience in emerging Asian markets will help you in proactively assessing and managing the risks associated with business operations across the region.
Our team has the breadth of expertise you will need to review and implement compliance mechanisms and policies that you can rely on. We have a track record of acting on domestic and multi-jurisdictional investigations, providing advice on anti-corruption, anti-bribery, and data protection and privacy – as well as helping you draft and install efficient policies and reviews.
Our Compliance and Investigations practice works side-by-side with other practice groups to draw on decades of expertise in areas such as employment, corporate negotiations and disputes. When you need multi-jurisdictional compliance advice, we are at the ready to collaborate with our colleagues from other countries to provide seamless support.
How we can help:
- Anti-bribery, fraud and corruption;
- Anti-money laundering;
- Anti-trust and competition;
- Corporate governance;
- Data protection and privacy;
- Director duties and code of ethics;
- In-house compliance training;
- Internal investigations;
- Marketing, hospitality, gifts and entertainment guidelines and regulations;
- Monitorships and monitorship advisory;
- Review of compliance and operations manuals, policies and procedures;
- Risk assessment and mitigation strategies; and
- Routine compliance advice.
- Sime Darby Plantation in a regulatory compliance project arising out of alleged US trade violations regarding forced labour brought by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and the Department of Homeland Security in Myanmar.
- A Japanese Trading and Investment Company in relation to the preparation of guidelines on bribery regulations in major ASEAN countries.
- A Dietary Supplement Company in relation to advising on data protection and privacy compliance issues involving the review and revision of various group-wide template agreements, including intra-group cross-border data transfers; distributor/vendor data collection and processing agreements.
- A Global Chain of Coffeehouses in connection with Lao law advice on data breach notification requirements.
- An Indian Multinational Pharmaceutical Company on an ongoing investigation regarding bribery allegations that are levelled against the company in several jurisdictions including review of marketing campaigns on based on its ethical and marketing guidelines on Myanmar laws.
- A French Global Luxury Goods Company in relation anti-money laundering requirements for Myanmar and Cambodia regarding their operation and their guidelines for fashion and leather goods, watches and jewelry, selective distribution, and hospitality businesses.
- A Global Online Music Streaming App in relation to assistance on PDPA and GDPR gap analysis and additional clarifications in accordance with Thai law.
Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /production/www.dfdl.com/wp-includes/kses.php on line 1744