The DFDL Dispute Resolution practice was established amid the runaway growth of domestic and foreign investments in the emerging markets of Southeast and South Asia, which naturally resulted in the exponential rise of commercial disputes. As a full-service legal and tax advisory firm, we provide end-to-end services to support our client’s dispute resolution needs using the most up-to-date legal mechanisms available.
Given our in-depth, intuitive understanding of regional markets, we are uniquely equipped to help our clients navigate, overcome and avoid contentious challenges – no matter how troublesome.
DFDL’s Regional Dispute Resolution practice group handles both conventional and alternative dispute resolution matters. Our team has decades of comprehensive on-the-ground expertise with broad sector-specific specializations in numerous business sectors. DFDL’s comprehensive suite of services are tailored to our clients’ needs, including corporate and commercial, regulatory and compliance affairs, banking and finance, real estate and construction, restructuring and insolvency, energy and infrastructure, employment and tax.
How we can help:
- Commercial and contract disputes;
- General civil and criminal proceedings;
- Employment disputes;
- Financial services disputes;
- Bankruptcy and insolvency disputes;
- Insurance disputes;
- Real estate disputes;
- Succession related disputes for high net-worth individuals;
- Trademark and intellectual property disputes;
- White-collar crime; and
- Taxation disputes.
- Carlsberg Myanmar in providing sophisticated disputes related assistance, which includes drafting of pleadings, discussions and liaison with the Myanmar litigator on strategy over a range of matters from employee disputes to criminal and civil litigation to investigations of employees for fraud and cheating.
- Grab Myanmar in relation to its litigation resulting from an alleged breach of a non-disclosure agreement with its local partner in Myanmar.
- Japan Tobacco International involving a customs duty dispute in Cambodia on the importation and distribution of tobacco products, the impact of ASEAN free trade agreements (ASEAN-China FTA) and liaising with the Customs department.
- A real estate and hospitality developer with its arbitration case with a major Vietnamese construction firm regarding construction of a luxury hotel and resort.
- A railway solution provider on the dispute between the client, the Chinese bidder in charge of the project, and the State Railway of Thailand.
- A global healthcare provider on its potential arbitration solutions in Bangladesh or alternatively by way of enforcing a foreign judgment (Singapore or Bangkok).
- A Korean-based airline company in an aircraft accident-related dispute against a Thai-based airline company in Myanmar.
- A leading privately-owned biogas company in relation to a letter agreement against a Thai agriculture company.
- A leading real estate contractor company in relation to a dispute against the defendant (a construction company) concerning construction delays, including arbitration procedures at VIAC, dealing with the competent People’s Court and the Asset Management Officer in relation to the defendant’s bankruptcy procedure.
- A Hong-Kong listed gaming operator on its dispute over a long-term casino management contract with the casino owner in Vietnam.