Technology, Media and Telecoms
The technology, media and telecommunications sectors are constantly changing and growing, creating new opportunities and challenges for businesses. At DFDL, we have the expertise and experience to help you navigate the complex and dynamic tech markets in Southeast and South Asia.
We have a reputation for excellence in tech and media, working with start-up companies and newcomers, as well as global Big Tech giants and conglomerates who want to enter or grow in these markets.
We have a team of highly skilled advisers who can handle a wide range of transactions in these sectors, such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, licensing, regulatory compliance and dispute resolution. We understand our clients’ needs and offer the best legal and tax advice.
We also have a Fintech Practice team that works closely with our Banking & Finance team. We advise clients from various fintech segments, such as payment services, digital banking, blockchain and cryptocurrency. We work with multinational conglomerates, banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, venture capital firms, asset managers and private equity firms on fintech matters.
We aim to provide the best solutions for your business, while keeping in mind the commercial aspects of your industry.
"DFDL's team is well placed to advise clients on legal issues pertaining to TMT. The firm also leverages its ASEAN-wide network to advise companies on matters across South-East Asia. The team is especially well versed in technology matters, including cryptocurrency, fintech, IP and transactional matters." Chambers Asia
How we can help:
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- E-commerce and technology
- Financial technology; and
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) in connection with its first loan of USD 75 million to Cambodia Fiber Optic Communication Network for the purpose of the construction of fibre optic telecoms cables.
- Pinnacle Towers on its acquisition of 70% shares in a leading telecom tower sharing service provider company in Bangladesh namely AB HighTech Consortium Ltd.
- SoftBank Vision Fund on its acquisition of 20% shares of Bkash, the largest mobile financial service provider in Bangladesh.
- True Digital Group, a Thai-based internet technology company, in connection with its investment in a Cambodian digital media business, Mediaload.
- Tencent, on various regulatory aspects of its e-commerce website which retailed gaming credits associated with their games and online items to be utilized in their games in Cambodia, Lao PDR and China.
- Altimeter Growth Corp, as it relates to Cambodian matters, on its USD 40 billion merger with Grab Holdings, Southeast Asia’s leading “super app”.
Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /production/www.dfdl.com/wp-includes/kses.php on line 1744
2024 legal 500 asia pacific
- TMT Thailand Tier 3