Energy, Natural Resources and Infrastructure
Southeast and South Asia are among the fastest-growing regions in the world, with a soaring demand for energy and infrastructure. At DFDL, we help clients navigate the complex and dynamic legal landscape to deliver national priority, critically important projects.
We have extensive experience in advising governments, financial institutions, project developers, and investors on, project development and financing, and acquisitions in the energy and infrastructure sector. We have been involved in some of the most innovative and landmark projects in energy, natural resources and infrastructure.
Since our inception in 1994, we have been committed to providing high-quality and tailored legal services to our clients in the energy and infrastructure sector. We understand the opportunities and challenges that this sector presents and we are ready to assist you with our dedicated team of experts.
"DFDL is a regional law firm with experience in major renewable energy projects, including hydro, solar and wind power. The firm holds additional expertise in oil and gas, as well as rail infrastructure developments. The projects team regularly advises on EPC, O&M and concession agreements, as well as acquisitions. It advises a full range of international and domestic sponsors, lenders and project developers. The firm is especially notable for its substantial regional practice, leveraging its extensive network to advise on projects in countries such as Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam." Chambers Asia
How we can help:
- Renewable and green energy (e.g. solar, wind, hydropower);
- Concession-based projects (e.g. BOT, PPP, etc.);
- Infrastructure including ports and transportation;
- Oil and gas;
- Transmission lines and pipelines;
- Project financing.
- Impact Energy Asia Development Limited, project counsel for the Laos-based 600 MW Monsoon Wind Power Project supplying power to Quang Nam Province, Vietnam delivered via privately held 500kv transmission line.
- Ratch Group, Vietnam and Thailand assistance to Thailand’s largest private power producer by capacity, on its USD 605 million Singapore-based Nexif Energy acquisition.
- B.Grimm and Phu Yen TTP Joint Stock Company, financing of a 257 MW solar power plant project in Phu Yen Province, Vietnam from a lending syndicate led by Asian Development Bank.
- Sinohydro (Hong Kong) Holding Co. in relation to the development with Gulf Energy Development PLC of a 770 MW hydropower project selling generation to Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT).
- SHV Energy on the USD 150 million acquisition of local LPG bottler, marketer and cylinder manufacturer – Petromax LPG and Petromaz Cylinders in Bangladesh.
- Export Import Bank of China as lender’s local counsel in relation to providing export buyer’s credit facility to the precedent PPP project in Bangladesh, the First Dhaka Elevated Expressway.
- AIIB on its USD 75 million loan to Cambodia Fiber Optic Communication Network (CFOCN) for the construction of fibre optic telecom cables in Cambodia.
- China Export & Credit Insurance Corporation with its overseas investment insurance to China Road and Bridge Corporation on the development of the Phnom Penh–Sihanoukville expressway project.
- Mandated lead arrangers and lenders on the USD 195 million term loan financing to Ha Noi Thien Y Environmental Energy Joint Stock Company for the development of the largest waste-to-energy plant in Vietnam.
- Blue Circle on a share sale transaction of 49.9% stake valued USD 147 million. We provided due diligence on renewable energy assets and holding companies and project companies in six jurisdictions; Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Philippine, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Energy ThailandHighly Recommended
- Energy VietnamHighly Recommended
- Industrials and Manufacturing CambodiaHighly Recommended
- Infrastructure Lao PDRHighly Recommended
- Infrastructure MyanmarHighly Recommended
- Infrastructure ThailandHighly Recommended
- Energy MyanmarOutstanding
2023 chambers and partners asia pacific
- Infrastructure MyanmarBand 1
- Projects & Energy BangladeshBand 1
- Projects & Energy ThailandBand 3
- Projects, Infrastructure & Energy VietnamBand 3
2023 legal 500 asia pacific
- Projects and Energy ThailandTier 2
- Projects and Energy VietnamTier 2