Recording Date: 14 May 2021
Top 5 questions within 20 minutes to keep up to date with the latest COVID-19 vaccination campaign in Vietnam and key considerations for employers and employees.
With COVID-19 vaccination drives at the early rollout stage across Southeast Asia, we take this opportunity to look more closely at some of the main questions, concerns and legal issues on the minds of employers and employees during these uncertain times in this podcast series.
Today, in the eighth in ourr series, our employment and labor experts, Marion Carles Salmon (Head of Regional Employment and Labor Practice, Regional Senior Legal Adviser) and Nguyen Thi Thanh Huyen (Legal Adviser) outline the rights and obligations of employers and employees when it comes to COVID-19 vaccination in Vietnam. Our experts discuss the country vaccination program and any relevant rules and compliance issues to take note of.
Top 5 Questions Discussed
- Can an employer require its employees to be vaccinated?
- Can employers refuse to hire applicants that have not yet been vaccinated and/or do not wish to be vaccinated?
- For workplaces with trade unions or other forms of collective representation, is an employer obliged to consult with them prior to implementing or helping with employee vaccinations?
- Is information concerning an employee’s vaccination considered “health information” or “personal data” under a data protection law? What are the legal requirements applicable to collecting, processing and transferring information relating to the employee’s vaccination status?
- Can employers terminate employees who refuse to be vaccinated?
For Those Who Wish to Dive Deeper
Key Considerations & Issues on COVID-19 Vaccine Rollouts Across Southeast Asia – Top 10 Q&A
Don’t miss out on this timely, topical, easy-to-read and informative FAQ on COVID-19 vaccination issues from an employment and labor perspective so that you can form a clear view on what your rights are in your country: https://dfdl.com/insights/regional/key-considerations-issues-on-covid-19-vaccine-rollouts-across-southeast-asia-top-10-qa/