DFDL has an outstanding reputation in the development of major energy, mining and infrastructure projects in the Mekong Region, South Asia, the Middle East and beyond. The EMI Practice Group is a full-service group within the firm across the Asian region, providing legal and tax services of the highest quality by drawing on our frm’s highly regarded commercial, M&A, finance, construction & engineering, tax and dispute resolution expertise. The breadth and depth of our international and local capabilities across a broad geographic footprint and our industry knowledge enable the successful development and financing of energy, mining and infrastructure projects in the region, for sponsors, developers, lenders and investors alike.
Over the last decade DFDL has advised on major projects valued in excess of USD 25 billion. In 2010 through 2011 alone, we advised on projects valued at approximately USD 14 billion.
Our goal is to provide our clients with focused legal advice tailored to fit their needs coupled with useful in-sight of the business realities they face in connection with complex infrastructure projects to identify solutions to problems before they arise.
The EMI group focuses on:
- Oil & Gas
- Power Projects
- Other Renewable and Green Energy
- Carbon Credit Trading
Within each of these industry sectors, advisers at DFDL have experience in a wide range of transactions related to project development and financing in the Asia-Pacific region, South Asia and the Middle East.
We provide a focused range of legal services to project developers, sponsors and financiers, international investors, regulators and policy development agencies, utilities providers and other industry participants on energy and infrastructure projects across a broad geographic region.
DFDL has advised on innovative projects and firsts for the region in project financings and other limited and non-recourse structures, securizations and other receivables-based financing structures and hybrid structures, including:
- Power generation projects employing both fossil and non-fossil fuel generation (dual fuel, simple cycle, combined cycle, co-generation plants, wind farms and hydropower) including integrated gas-to-power projects;
- Concession based projects (such as BOOT/BOO, PPP and other governmental agreements);
- Oil and gas fields
- Pipelines and transmission lines
- FSOs and FPSOs, including all related shipping and handling issues and FSO conversions and related shipping finance;
- Mine development;
- Port development;
- Multilateral and ECA supported financings;
- Major M&A transactions (including private equity investments), takeovers and IPOs; and
- Commercial dispute resolution (including international arbitration).
Contact: David Doran, Partner, Managing Director Thailand, Head of Energy, Mining & Infrastructure Practice Group
For further information on our Energy, Mining & Infrastructure Practice, please visit our website.