In this issue we present Cambodian regulations and information touching on the following:
- Customs procedure on De Minimis (goods with low price)
- Creation of National Single Window Technical Advisory Group
- Creation of commission for monitoring/controlling the implementation of old policy with new activity in the land sector
- Instructional documents for consultative meeting between the Royal Government of Cambodia and NGOs
- Transfer of land site of Koh Tbal island (Tbal island) of state public property to state private property for investment and development of tourism zone
- IMPORT/EXPORT 2012
CUSTOMS PROCEDURE ON DE MINIMIS (GOODS WITH LOW PRICE), Instructional Circular #004 (MEF), 24 July 2012
In compliance with the provisions of the Instructional Circular #007 SHV, dated 29 December 2009, of the Ministry of Economy and Finance on management of import-export of certain small items of good and in order to promote further trade facilitation in accordance with an international good practice, the Ministry of Economy and Finance shall temporarily determine and instruct the customs procedure for inmport-export of De Minimis as follows:
- It is determined as De Minimis for any exported and imported goods in a form of Postal Express Mail Service, non-commercial imported goods andor similar form which has FOB equivalent to USD 50 or less.
- De Minimis as stated in Article 1 above shall be exempt from tax and customs duty.
- Owner of the goods or legal representative shall declare the goods in accordance with a summary declaration.
- Some items, which are not temporarily permitted, shall be subject to the customs procedure on De Minimis.
- Letter № 912 KR, dated 29 September 2006, of the Department of Customs and Excise regarding the Temporary Determination of Quantity, Material and Personal Belongings of Passengers, which can be carried without paying tax and other excises, shall remain in force.
This Instructional Circular shall be effective from 1st October 2012.
CREATION OF NATIONAL SINGLE WINDOW TECHNICAL ADVISORY GROUP, Prakas #283 (MEF), 14 June 2012
This Prakas creates a National Single Window Technical Advisory Group (NSW.TAG) led by H.E. Dr. Pen Siman, Delegate of the Royal Government in charge of General Director of the General Department of Cambodian Customs and Excise. This Task Force shall perform the following duties:
- Consult with the National Single Window Project Team established by the Ministry of Economy and Finance in relation to development and implementation of the National Single Window to ensure: (i) the compliance of laws and regulations in force; (ii) harmonization with the policy of the Royal Government of Cambodia related to the National Single Window; and (iii) effectiveness of implementation in accordance with concept, road map and action plan of the National Single Window Project as determined by the Steering Committee for National Single Window.
- Participate in developing provisions/regulations for supporting to the implementation of the National Single Window Project; and
- Perform other duties as determined by the Steering Committee for National Single Window Project, particularly by cooperating and facilitating with the competent entities and institutions so as to operate this project.
- LAND USE AND ZONING 2012
CREATION OF COMMISSION FOR MONITORING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF OLD POLICY OF NEW ACTIVITY ON LAND SECTOR, Decision #24 (RGC), 25 June 2012
This Decision aims to create a commission for monitoring the implementation of old policy, new activity in the land sector. This Commission shall be led by H.E. Im Chhunlim, Senior Minister, Minister of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction. This Commission shall have the duties to monitor and provide comments to the Head of the Royal Government so as to ask for a decision on the subdivision of land from the concession forest, economic concession land and state land in order to grant the land to people for legal possession.
- ADMINISTRATION 2012
INSTRUCTIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR CONSULTATIVE MEETING BETWEEN THE ROYAL GOVERNMENT OF CAMBODIA AND NGO’S, Decision #26 (RGC), 16 July 2012
It is decided to organize a consultative meeting between the Royal Government of Cambodia and NGOs every year on the first trimester of the year or at an appropriate time of Samdech Techor Prime Minister. The organization and functioning of the annual meeting shall comply with the instructional documents as attached to this Decision.
- PRIVATIZATION/STATE PROPERTY 2012
TRANSFER OF LAND SITE OF KOH TBAL ISLAND IN KEP PROVINCE INTO STATE PRIVATE PROPERTY FOR INVESTMENT AND DEVELOPMENT AS A TOURISM AREA, Sub-Decree #104 (RGC), 16 July 2012
It is decided to transfer the land site of Koh Tbal island, located in Kep province, into state private property for investment and development as a tourism area. This area of land shall be subject to the management and processes in accordance with procedure by Council for the Development of Cambodia, the Ministry of Economy and Finance, the Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction, the Ministry of Interior, the Ministry of National Defense, and Kep provincial governor’s office in line with the principles of the Royal Government of Cambodia.