If you are interested in investing in the logistics and industrial real estate sector in Vietnam, watch this 30 minute-long video to keep up to date with the latest developments in the sector.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic began to take hold in Vietnam, the logistics and industrial real estate market has experienced significant growth due to the ongoing movement of manufacturers to Vietnam, the ongoing liberalization of Vietnamese to allow for more foreign direct investment, and the fast growing e-commerce sector in Vietnam to serve is nearly 100,000,000 residents.
Our real estate experts, Thang Huynh (Partner, Head of Hanoi Office) and Paul Volodarsky (Deputy Head of Regional Real Estate & Construction Practice), answer the key questions that logistics and industrial site developers and both foreign and Vietnamese investors have when pondering entry into this market. They discuss the relevant laws, current opportunities and challenges that lie in store for prospective investors in an area that continues to yield tremendous opportunities undimmed by the effects of COVID-19.
Recording Date: 28 June 2021
Top 6 Questions Discussed:
- What are the legal and due diligence considerations to be taken into account when entering the logistics/industrial real estate market in Vietnam?
- What are some of the practical considerations that investors need to be aware of prior to entering the market?
- What are some of the recent changes to the law that affect Vietnam’s logistics/industrial real estate sector?
- Looking into your crystal ball, where do you see Vietnam’s logistics/industrial real estate market in the coming years?
- What is your view on the opportunity for investment in data centers in Vietnam?
- With the increase in the value of industrial land in Vietnam, do you think that it will be an obstacle for Vietnam to lure more FDI based upon the increase in the cost of industrial land?