On 26 October 2018, Audray Souche (Partner), Hanh Tran (Partner) and Walanchathas Sanguanwong (Regional Senior Legal Adviser) took part in B. Grimm’s presentation on “Renewable Energy in Vietnam: Investing in Solar Projects”.
The presentation was directed at financial analysts and investors, and covered the following six key topics:
- The Vietnamese government’s policies that support investment in the power sector;
- Rules and procedures to obtain a Power Purchase Agreement (“PPA”);
- Tariff structures for solar projects;
- Grid availability issues;
- Other risks;
- Tax incentives; and
- Vietnam Solar PPA vs. Thai VSPP.
The session provided informative insights on the regulatory backdrop to the solar power sector; the development process for solar projects in Vietnam; the key differentiators of solar projects, attractions and challenges in the sector; tax incentives, along with expected or upcoming regulatory changes.
The session was an engaging and insightful experience for all involved, combining the power development experience of B Grimm in Vietnam and the expertise of our solar power specialists from both DFDL Thailand and Vietnam.
Partner, Managing Director
Partner, Head of Ho Chi Minh City Office
Regional Senior Legal Adviser