When: 18 – 20 March 2015
Where: Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Singapore
Managing Partner, Martin Desautels, chaired the session on “New legal and investment framework for the Mekong countries: enticing for foreign investors?” at the IBA 4th Asia Pacific Regional Forum Conference: Borderless Asia in Singapore. The panel identified the key legal developments and challenges developing countries are tackling to successfully attract and retain FDI. The panel, drawing on their experience advising on transactions throughout the Mekong region, explored how to successfully structure investments in order to effectively meet these new requirements.
This session covered:
- A review of the current regulatory landscape in the Mekong region and practical tips on how to invest in the region
- Recent opportunities and challenges created by legal reforms and advice on how to successfully engage with regulators
- Case studies detailed by the experts on the panel
Other topics in the conference were:
- A view from the top: hear from CEOs on the challenges and opportunities in an Asia linked by economic cooperation
- A group of general counsel give us a glimpse into their perfect law firm
- Private equity deals in Southeast Asia
- Cooperation agreements in Asia – the end game
- International arbitration – the Asia Pacific and investment treaty arbitration
- Where is dispute resolution going in the Asia Pacific?
- The 39 Steps – approaching international cartel investigations one issue at a time
- Banking beyond the Asian giants – opportunities which await APAC bankers and their lawyers outside of China and India
- Liquefied Natural Gas: driving the Asian economy
- Key issues in the retail- and consumer-goods sector
- Getting all in: the expansion of the gambling and gaming industries in Asia
To download the conference programme, please click here.
For more information about this event, please click here.