Bangladesh is an emerging market gaining momentum and is more and more on the radar of international investors community. We are pleased to announce DFDL ‘s Country Partner Shahwar Nizam has been invited by the organizers to moderate the Panel Discussion on Infrastructure opportunities and PPP framework at the inaugural Bangladesh Investment Summit, the first Investment Summit on Bangladesh ever organized in Singapore.
About the panel discussion
Panel Discussion: Infrastructure opportunities and the developing PPP framework
Many countries around the world have successfully implemented PPP program to harness international finance and construction and engineering skills to the wagon of national interest ¡V Britain, France, South Korea, and The Philippines being among them. With investors returns being so low across the world, the time is now for new projects:
- What are the essential pre-requisites of a successful PPP program and how is Bangladesh putting these measures in place?
- What expertise and experience can international lenders bring to the table?
- What safeguards do investors demand for their money?
- How will Bangladesh take from other countries experiences to ensure the success of its PPP program?
Shahwar Nizam, Bangladesh Country Partner, DFDL
- Md. Abu Rashed, Senior Consultant, Public Private Partnership Office, The Prime Minister’s Office
- Humayun Rashed, Managing Director, Energypac Power Generation
- Azam J Chowdhury, Chairman and Managing Director, East Coast Group
- Ayesha Khandkar, Director Finance, Summit Group
- Mr. Shamim, United Group (invited)
- Kevin Lu, Regional Head, MIGA – World Bank (TBC)
- Nirukt Sapru, Head, OCC Growth Markets, SEA & South Asia, Standard Chartered Bank (TBC)
About the Bangladesh Investment Summit
Bangladesh Investment Summit , Unlocking opportunities for Asian investors
4 December 2012 | Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
Key sponsors: Standard Charter, City Bank, Deutsche Bank
The Bangladesh Investment Summit examines the trade and investment opportunities for Asia’s Sovereign Wealth Funds, Family Offices, Public and Private Pension Funds and other financial investors in Bangladesh’smarkets. At the same time it delves into the back-story underpinning these opportunities by examining M&A opportunities into the country, domestic growth, and more. Bangladesh is gaining momentum, but is frequently overshadowed by other emerging markets including its neighbour India. This summit will serve to address some of most pertinent investment issues for corporations looking to invest on the continent and for those Bangladeshi looking to fundraise in Asia. At the same time it will present the investment case for Bangladesh, and the routes in, to international investors.
The organizer is offering a limited number of complimentary tickets for qualified asset owners, corporates, private banks, and asset managers.
For further details: http://www.bangladeshinvestsummit.asia/
DFDL is the first leading international law firm specialized in emerging markets with a pan regional legal and tax expertise developed throughout the Mekong region (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam), Bangladesh, Indonesia and Singapore, and with a dedicated focus on other SEA jurisdictions, South Asia and the Middle East.
With a team of over 250 foreign and local lawyers, advisers and support staff working closely together within a fast growing network of 11 offices in Asia, we provide personalized and cost-effective legal, tax and consulting services and solutions with particular expertise in:
- Energy and Infrastructure
- Real Estate
- Taxation & Customs
- Corporate and Commercial
- English law governed transactions
Founded in 1994, DFDL has acquired an outstanding reputation in providing seamlessly integrated and solution-oriented legal and tax services to establish, structure and protect our client’s business interests. DFDL is also actively involved, in tandem with local jurisdiction stakeholders, in developing the legal and regulatory environment of the emerging markets in which we operate.
Our experts are committed to provide international standard state of the art legal and tax solutions throughout the region and beyond.
CEO; Head of Marketing & Business Development