The DFDL French Desk has been involved in numerous major projects for French clients among others.
Significant engagements include:
- In Cambodia and Myanmar, advising one of the world largest beauty and cosmetics group (French) on customs duties, retail outlets, ASEAN free trade agreement implications, ATIGA implications and tax structuring of its supply chain through various ASEAN states (advice on market entry, distribution, licensing for retail activities and the tax implications of its supply model).
- In Vietnam, advising French electric utility company, as one of the sponsors, in relation to a gas power project worth approximately USD 400 million. As local counsel, DFDL was responsible for advising the sponsor throughout negotiations with the lenders in relation to the project financing and for advising the Vietnamese authorities in relation to formation and implementation of the project.
- In Cambodia, advising French global leader in airports concessions on Cambodia Airport extensions involving development concessions in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Sihanoukville, in regard to the extension and renovation work of the airport, principally on the concession agreement and land use rights relevant to the airport infrastructure.
- In Cambodia, advising French development financial institution on all Cambodian legal aspects of the loan documentation, including performance of a full due diligence and advising on the recommended security structuring for the loan. This involved drafting the Cambodian law governed security documents and issuing a legal opinion on the validity of the loan.
- In Thailand, providing regulatory advice on certain international healthcare insurance products (French). This included Myanmar insurance offerings where certain functions of the Myanmar business operations were delegated to third party Thai contractors.
- In Vietnam, advising French leading green electricity provider and the target company, solar power project being developed in Binh Dinh province, on their financing and security arrangements with the Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV), and assistance on drafting and negotiation of the credit agreement, security documentation, and related corporate matters.
- In Cambodia and Thailand, providing French leading sporting goods retailer combined legal and tax services on corporate affairs, corporate governance, regulatory compliance, company establishment, VAT registration, and social security registration.