When: 8:00am–12:30pm, 2 March 2016
Where: Fairmont Hotel, Makati, Philippines
Ocampo & Suralvo Law Offices and DFDL were proud hosts (together with CRL Hong Kong) of “Maximizing Returns and Minimizing Risks in Rapid-Growth ASEAN Economies” held at the Fairmont Makati on 2 March 2016.
The seminar was a great success on several fronts – the attendees clearly appreciated the quality of the presentations; the attendees found the information provided as useful in updating their understanding of the latest legal and investment developments in Myanmar, Vietnam, Indonesia and Regional Project Finance; and the speakers provided practical and real-world strategies on foreign investments that clearly positioned us as experts in our region.
Over 90 attendees from 53 companies and trade organizations benefited from the seminar.
The conference featured a keynote address by Mr. Eduardo V. Francisco, President of BDO Capital & Investment Corporation, on the opportunities arising from the integration of ASEAN.
The succeeding presentations by experts from Indonesia, Myanmar and Vietnam focused on the challenges of the regulatory landscape in these countries. There was also a presentation highlighting the unique characteristics of project finance transactions in the Mekong region (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam).
Conference attendees were given an opportunity to learn more about managing political risks when investing in emerging markets.
The presentations were followed by a roundtable discussion on how political, economic, financial, regulatory and even cultural factors impact investment decisions in ASEAN’s rapid-growth economies.
Speakers and roundtable participants included:
- Eduardo V. Francisco, President, BDO Capital and Investment Corporation
- Jude Ocampo, Partner, Ocampo & Suralvo Law Offices
- Giovanni Vachelli, Managing Director, Consortium Resources Ltd. Hong Kong, a MIGA Partner Company
- William Greenlee, Partner, DFDL Myanmar
- Jerome Buzenet, Partner, DFDL Vietnam
- Audray Souche, Partner, DFDL Thailand
- Daniel Ibasco, President, Fortman Cline
- Paolo Francisco, PhD, Executive Director, Asian Institute of Management Policy Center