Other Notable – Thailand
Recommended – Thailand
We draw upon the firm’s expertise in banking, M&A, employment, real estate, insolvency and tax, complemented by our network of local litigators, to advise on complex restructuring, insolvency and refinancing matters and plan effective strategies. Our clients include debtors, creditors and other constituencies of distressed and special situations across the region.
- Corporate restructuring, reorganization and workouts
- Debt restructuring and rescheduling
- Distressed situations and contingency planning
- Divestment of distressed businesses and assets
- Enforcement of securities
- Exits and wind ups
- Financial restructuring and refinancing
- Formal bankruptcy and insolvency procedures
- Insolvency planning and negotiations
- Renegotiation of commercial agreements, including leasing contracts
- Liquidation and dissolution
- Tax advisory, tax return review and unpaid tax settlement
- Tax debt restructuring and forgiveness
- Workforce restructuring and redundancy
DFDL is a member of the Global Restructuring and Insolvency Professionals (GRIP) network – a dynamic referral network of independent insolvency firms, which will further strengthen the network’s capabilities and offerings.
- A veterinary-focused pharmaceutical company in relation to its optimized repatriation of dividends, legal and tax structuring as part of its restructuring process in Thailand.
- Four entities of a leading global aircraft manufacturer incorporated in Ireland, Singapore, Germany and China, in relation to their application for debt repayment and business rehabilitation under Thai bankruptcy law as part of the business reorganization of a leading international airline.
- Mfone and its shareholders in filing for insolvency in Cambodia, being the first large-scale insolvency proceedings in Cambodia.
- A global energy company on its restructuring for the potential divestment in Cambodia, including the restructuring of downstream assets, real estate holdings and offshore shareholding structures.
- Internal corporate restructuring of a leading brewery business to optimize its operations to avoid duplication of processes between the divisions of the business (including human resources, accounting, in/outbound logistics, sales and marketing), as well as tax considerations and operational inefficiencies.
- A leading e-commerce services platform in relation to its proposed global liquidation and dissolution process in Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Hong Kong.
- A manufacturing company in relation to the restructuring of its organisational structure, as well as consolidation manufacturing capacity and distribution operations, in Thailand and Vietnam.
- A Laos investment group on its acquisition of a branded distressed hotel property in Thailand.
- A global pharmaceutical company on its exit from the Cambodian market, including advice on dissolution, market authorisations and product registrations.
- An Indian multinational hospitality chain in relation to the workforce restructuring of its operations in Thailand to mitigate the effects of Covid-19, affecting 500 employees.
- An international beverage distributor on its workforce management and restructuring process relating to its closure in Myanmar.