HR in Emerging Asian markets is a two-day event which aims to discuss HR’s valuable role in setting up and growing businesses in India, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Bangladesh. Learn various approaches to a successful HR strategy including labour regulations and tax compliance; local talent acquisition and foreign talent deployment; and employee engagement and retention.
When: 27 -28 February, 2013
Where: Hilton Hotel, Singapore
About the panel discussion:
Topic: Employment and Business Laws in Emerging Asian Markets – Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Indonesia, and Bangladesh
Labour laws in many emerging economies are pro-employee. This can result in costly pay-outs to terminated employees and often complex and lengthy legal proceedings in cases of unfair dismissal. HRM gathers top-notch DFDL Lawyers from around Asia to discuss:
- Employer / employee rights and obligations in focus countries
- Law restrictions and how to work around them
- How to avoid the legal pitfalls affiliated with terminations of staff
- Dealing with the government
- Rashed Idrees, Partner and Managing Director, Singapore, Cambodia & Bangladesh
- Kraisorn Rueangkul, Legal Adviser DFDL Thailand
- Andi Zulfikar, Managing Partner, Mataram Partners
- Shahwar Nizam, Senior Associate and Country Partner, Bangladesh
For more details of the conference, please click here.