When : 19th May 2017
Where : Vientiane, Laos
DFDL Tax Partners Jack Sheehan and Senesakoune Sihanouvong discussed the latest tax rules applicable to foreign contractors in the Lao PDR, and how pro-active tax planning can help minimize any unwanted surprises.
In an informal setting over coffee and croissants, where DFDL discussed in detail the crucial new rules that foreign contractors must now take into consideration.
• How the Amended Tax Law applies in practical term to Foreign Contractors and Consultants
• The latest tax registration requirements for Foreign Contractors and Consultants
• Special VAT rules which applies to non-resident Foreign Contractors
• Withholding tax rules that apply when hiring Foreign Contractors
• Rules that applies to INGOs and Concession Holders
• Exemptions and reliefs that may be obtained under tax treaties and how to apply for these in the Lao PDR; and
• Other taxes which applies to staff and the hiring of labor and consultants.
If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mr. Steve Major
Finance and Admin Manager
+856 20 59532304