The event was well attended by a broad range of company representatives and local stakeholders, our keynote speakers expanded in detail upon the major new changes unfolding across the Thai tax landscape.
Among the many topics under discussion were: new tax incentives available for property transactions and personal income, recent developments in Thai transfer pricing rules, the introduction of BEPS anti-avoidance rules to Thailand, and sweeping new taxation changes poised to affect the E-commerce sector.
DFDL’s tax professionals continued further by examining case studies of Thai companies, with reference to recent Supreme Court decisions and Tax Department rulings. Here they detailed the optimal methods that enterprises can employ to better structure their transactions for tax purposes, ensure greater compliance, and mechanisms to put in place that can effectively face down any likely or potential future tax audits by the authorities.
The event was well attended by the assembled guests representing a diverse range of industries and sectors. A lively and thought provoking Q&A session followed, where our panelists comprehensively and astutely addressed the various concerns and issues of those present. They then had the opportunity to network among themselves, sharing insights and personal perspectives with their peers and colleagues on the Thai tax issues currently affecting them.
The world of tax is rapidly changing and new tax reforms represent a key component of the government’s efforts to keep up with the social mobility and diversification being experienced by many in Thai society. At this event, we will be analyzing some of these key developments in detail on an international and domestic level. Our keynote speakers will shed greater light on recent legislative updates, regulatory modifications, along with notable court cases of late.
A clear and comprehensible overview of Thai corporate and individual taxation issues currently in the spotlight.
At this breakfast seminar, the following matters were discussed:
- How BEPS developments are affecting Thailand – What we know so far
- Tax incentives for conversion of property to equity
- Thai transfer pricing rules: Recent developments
- E-commerce taxation: The latest news
- BOI Update: New tax incentives under the newly amended BOI Act.
- Prohibited Expenses: New interpretation by the Supreme Court
- 2017 personal income tax amendments
- Developments in Thai trust law
- Tax exemptions on family property transfers
- Recent Supreme Court decisions
- Tax Planning case studies for Thai companies
- 8.00 am – 8.30 am: Registration
- 8.30 am – 10.00 am: Seminar
- 10.00 am – 10.30 am: Q&A Session
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Date: 19 October 2017, Thursday
Time: 8:00am – 10:30am
Venue: Sathorn Room, Dusit Thani Bangkok, 946 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500
Fees: 900 Baht/person for pre-registered attendees and 1000 Baht/person for walk-ins
Regional Tax Practice Head, DFDL The Lao PDR
Tax Director, DFDL Thailand
Tax Manager, DFDL Thailand