Bitcoin has had its ups and downs throughout its short history, but interest remains persistently high, as evidenced by the number of attendees at DFDL’s seminar, “The New Gold Rush: The Regulatory Challenges of Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies” which was held on 31 August 2017 in Bangkok.
The DFDL team, Tony Campbell, Kunal Sachdev, and Ronnarong Thedvisal, explored the place of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in the history of money and what blockchain, its underlying technology, means for their future. Of particular interest to the audience was Kunal and Ronnarong’s analysis of Thailand’s current legal and tax approach to both cryptocurrencies and cryptocurrency exchanges, and how that approach may change in the near future. The seminar concluded with a lively question and answer session.
A number of participants commented that it was refreshing to hear a firm such as DFDL speaking on this topic, and demonstrating its knowledge of an important emerging technology.
DFDL will also be offering its clients in Cambodia and Vietnam the opportunity to hear DFDL’s experts present on this subject in November.
2017 has seen bitcoin, ethereum, and their associated appications gain increased attention, with Thailand firmly at the leading edge. With the value of bitcoin hitting an all-time high, Bangkok’s oldest noodle shop now accepting bitcoin, and Thai businesses launching innovative applications based on blockchain, the technology bitcoin is built on, then cryptocurrency is something everyone needs to understand.
- The position of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency in the history of money;
- What blockchain is, how it’s being used, and what that means for cyptocurrency’s future;
- The Thai legal and tax issues surrounding making and receiving payments and trading in cryptocurrency;
- The future of cyptocurrency in international transactions; and
- Practical advice for exploring bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in Thailand.
- 7.30 am – 8.00 am: Registration
- 8.00 am – 9.30 am: Seminar
- 9.30 am – 10.00 am: Q&A Session
Partner, DFDL Thailand
Director of Professional Development, DFDL Thailand
Tax Manager, DFDL Thailand
Regional Legal Adviser, DFDL Lao PDR
Legal Senior Supervisor,
AEON Thana Sinsap (Thailand) Public Company Limited
Date: 31 August 2017, Thursday
Time: 7.30 am – 10.00 am
Venue: Sathorn Room, Dusit Thani Bangkok, 946 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500
For more information, please contact Shalini at email@example.com