When: Wednesday, 29 June 2016
Where: Bangkok, Thailand
DFDL Legal & Tax conducted an expert briefing on the current status of the draw process to grant licences for the development of solar farms in Thailand. With the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) expected to organize another round of licence grants by next January for the development of 500MW of solar farms under the Government Agency and Agricultural Cooperative program, the DFDL team drew on their close business relationships with government officials and power sector developers to deliver a comprehensive update on the regulatory opportunities and limitations for solar power investment.
- Overview of the draw process and latest developments
- Outline of institutional and regulatory framework of the Thai solar power sector
- Eligibility criteria for potential licensees and sponsors
- Examination of key terms in the most recent power purchase agreements (PPAs)
- Limits and conditions on development and ownership
- BOI tax and non-tax incentives applicable to solar developers
- Permits required and general regulatory procedures to proceed with a solar project
The specialist briefing was an ideal opportunity for both energy investors as well as current or potential licensees seeking development partners.
Date: Wednesay, 29 June 2016
Time: 8:30am – 10:00am
Venue: Dusit Thani Hotel, 946 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500
To download speakers’ presentation, please click here.