When: Monday, 30 May 2016
Where: Kathmandu, Nepal
David Doran, Audray Souche and Rob Fitzgibbons will be presenting a 3-hour pre-conference workshop on 30 May on power sector legal reforms as part of the Nepal Power Summit 2016. They will be joined by Priyadashani Serchan, Senior Associate at Pioneer Law Associates.
The workshop will provide an in-depth outline of power sector regulatory frameworks from developing countries in Southeast Asia and assess their relevance for Nepal. Key government officials and industry leaders are expected to attend. David Doran will also be making a presentation on the Lao PDR power sector on Day 1 of the conference.
- Overview of the reforms being considered and implemented in Nepal
- Outline of institutional and regulatory framework for power sectors in other developing countries
- Development models in Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, the Philippines and elsewhere
- Examination of how reforms in other countries have contributed to the successful development and financing of private “PPP” hydropower projects
- Key finance sources and measures to ensure bankability of power project developments
- Assessment of government-led vs. commercial-led sector reforms and outcomes for investment
- Key issues to consider: concessions, tarrif and non-tariff incentives, economic benefits, social and environmental impact
- Open discussion of the critical issues facing reform efforts, private sector development and financing of hydropower projects in Nepal
Date: Monday, 30 May 2016
Time: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Venue: Hotel Yak & Yeti, Durbar Marg, Kathmandu, Nepal
To register for this event, please click here.